It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Notorious B.E.N. Flying/Building/Repairing Blog
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm 

Well I had hoped to get more done today but I didn't. I had thought that my wife was going to work a vaccine clinic this afternoon so that was why I worked yesterday morning (just that time of year), went flying, and mowed the lawn. Today I paid for it and needed to rest.

I did check the mail and the new regulator spring for the YS 63 had arrived but I haven't installed it. Someone thought I might also have an air leak in the valve cover so I removed the old gasket and put a bead of Hondabond HT on the mating surface. I also finally put the prop back on my EF Edge. I might try to get the axles replaced this week but we will see. I'm itching to get back on the Synergy 516 and maybe also do some work on the Byp Yak.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 am 

I just can't seem to get motivated to work on my stuff. :(

I did dust off (literally) the big glider over the weekend, and soldered up the wiring harness for one wing. I guess that's something!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 pm 

I haven't been able to much RC related. It's a busy time of year and things are crazy at work with the nursery.

But for Father's Day, I got a MSH Brain 2 with Bluetooth!

Guess I need to figure out what batteries I'm going to run now.

Attachments:
20180617_211841.jpg
20180617_211841.jpg [ 808.68 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 am 

Nice! I wish my brain had bluetooth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm 

Ben, where are you ordering your YS parts from? If you are still having trouble, give Richard at YS Parts and Service a call at (775) 267-9252. Nice guy, I’m biased because he’s a family friend, and obviously very knowledgeable about the quirks of those engines and can make sure you are going the right direction.

Tom M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:46 pm 

Tom,

I am ordering them from Central Hobbies. So far I have only ordered the diaphragm and the regulator spring. I am going to see what this does and then see about sending him the engine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:20 am 

Well I haven't been able to do anything RC related lately but I just ordered 3 DJI Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 for work.

I guess DJI will be able to their rent yet another month unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 am 

I made it out to the field yesterday despite poor flying conditions. It was hot and windy and not much fun. But it was good to practice flying in the wind.

I didn't have too much time so I left the generator at home and just took the DeJaVu and EF Yak. I need to work on the tail of PROTOS and I just haven't had time with travel for work. Which, I'm about to get back on the road too.

I flew the DeJaVu twice and the EF Yak once. I do have the Intermediate sequence mostly memorized but I need to practice more. My flying could use some improvement.

Attachments:
20180701_165543.jpg
20180701_165543.jpg [ 2.21 MiB | Viewed 361 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:31 am 

Yeah, it's been crazy windy for days. I actually went out to my workshop Sunday and tinkered with a heli! First time in a while. I just couldn't motivate myself to get out in the heat and do anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:04 pm 

So I haven't had much luck finding some of the XH balance boards for my 2nd CellPro 10S charger. Additionally I am thinking that I will go to the F3AUnlimited 5S HV LiPo packs next year since the supply of 5S 5000mah packs from ValueHobby isn't that reliable. They seem to carry them at one point of the year and when they sell out, that's it until next year. Makes sense from a selling standpoint but not practical for anyone who may decide they need new packs after ValueHobby has sold out for the year.

To get the power I need, I'd need to charge to the packs to 4.25V/cell, which is still pattern legal. There is an update for the Power Lab 8 but from what I can tell you either set it to 4.27V/cell or 4.35V/cell.

If this is the case, I may try to sell my Power Lab 8 and get a GT500 DUO. I wouldn't have to get a new power supply and I would just need to figure out how to get it to the field. Additionally it would allow me to charge at 2C or higher and I could put my 2 CellPro 10S on charging 6S packs for helis or other size packs. I have enough overhead even with my generator to accomplish that and I could take packs to the field at 50% and just charge them there if I got in to a time crunch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 84  Next