It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: RCTS Event
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:41 pm 

Bobby Barr wrote:
Okay guys. Keep letting me know if you prefer construction lights or not. If we do that I have a plan to put the construction lights to illuminate the center and left of the field. This would allow a huge area off to the right to fly your model with LEDs on it and a lot of area to fly planes and helis under the lights.

FWIW, I much prefer LED night flying, both for watching & flying. It's way cool as 'something different', versus 'more of the same, just tighter in'.

Then again, you're right... Having the towers for those that want 'em shouldn't prevent LED activity on the other end of the field.

I expect I'll still be in town and able to attend. My summer's a bit uncertain, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 pm 

I got word yesterday officially from the club President that we are good to go. I will begin the planning stages and see if I can come up with a way to get James down here. Only then would it be a truly "Official" RCTS fun fly. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 pm 

Here is the latest...

Spoke with the land owner and he is excited about the event. I did this because we don't pay him a dime. So I keep him informed on all and ask him whenever I think anything is questionable. He said he has no problem with construction lights. Please do not let this bother you if you prefer not to have them. I am going to have them at the far left of the field and left side of the runway. The right side of the runway and a huge area to the right will be super dark for flying with LEDs. This will allow anyone to night fly. I also spoke with a friend that is going to try to get us a discount on the two light towers. So it should not raise the cost of entry much at all. I am going to try to keep the entry fee to $15 if at all possible, $20 if I absolutely have to. That will include the cost of the towers, lunch, bottled water and electricity. Our club has one decent generator and the land owner offered up his 4500 watt Honda for the event for free. :thumbup:

Point is you will not need to worry about lunch. If you forget drinks you will at least have bottled water because I don't want anyone to be dehydrated. You can night fly whether you have lights on your aircraft or not, and there is no need to worry about electricity! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 pm 

Words cannot describe how jealous I am...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:06 am 

fishboy77 wrote:
Dang, this sounds like a ton of fun. I wish I lived 2 hours away instead of 12.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 am 

Just to let everyone know I updated the list of confirmed sponsors. Be sure to show them love! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm 

I just added the flyer to the first post. Be sure to print it and pass it around!

Thank you for making it for us Anastasia, you are amazing! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 am 

I will not be attending this year as that is my wife's birthday weekend. Maybe next year...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 am 

Oh come on, Ben. I took my wife to SEFF on her birthday weekend one year and I'm still alive (and married). ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am 

Yeah, that's not going to fly with mine (no pun intended). I'm planning on coming down to the BVRC Big Bird in late July and I will try to make a heli event like SRC or something.

If I can make it, I am going to do the Austin HeliFest next year (my wife is from Elgin) and is Ron Lund doing is Fun Fly again?

I know he took a year off and I haven't heard anything about it since. I love Corpus so I wouldn't mind making a trip down there in February.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next