It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Joe Nall 2016
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:32 pm 

Gentlemen,

Any of the RC Today Show crew heading to Joe Nall this year? I missed last year do to an issue at work. I'm very much looking forward to it this year.

64" Extreme Flight MXS

Post subject: Re: Joe Nall 2016
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:41 pm 

*crickets*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:57 pm 

I know I won't be going. Heck, I didn't even make the Apache Pass heli event last weekend, and it's only an hour away. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:05 pm 

We made it back from Joe Nall Saturday night after 4 full days of RC heaven. I did my best to spread the RC Today Show word. I spoke with Cody Wojcik from Extremeflight for a while. I also hung out with some of the fellow Texas guys like Shawn Braunagel, Jacob Helber, and of course Martin England. Weather turned out to be almost perfect the entire time. We did have one big thunderstorm, with huge winds, that rolled in right as Martin was getting my BBQ ribs off the grill. It came out of nowhere and sent us hauling A$$ to the flight line to secure planes and pop up canopies.
Such a great family atmosphere. Everywhere Austin went, he was getting free airplanes. As Austin and I were looking at all the planes on the main line and older gentlemen came up and gave us a little red wagon for Austin to ride around in. Just an incredible place with incredible people.

Already counting the days till next year!

It felt like I was a bit of a celebrity on the 3D line with the J-10. Multiple interviews and posing for pictures. For a second I thought they were going to ask me to take my shirt off. Unfortunately, I let everyone down and only got one flight in... I was having flameout issues and of course I didn't bring the GSU to adjust parameters.
Attachment:
IMG_8081.JPG
IMG_8081.JPG [ 600.07 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

Martin England and myself on the 3D line. Martin dunked the tail of his Slick in the pond! So the tail of his plane was wet as was his underwear. He was shaking so bad it looked like his plane was having a stroke in mid air. CONGRATS to Martin on his first tail dunk of many!
Attachment:
IMG_8061.JPG
IMG_8061.JPG [ 879.15 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

Attachment:
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg [ 242.88 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

Lauren, Austin, and myself walking around the vendor area. This photo was off of Flying Giants.
Attachment:
IMG_8142.JPG
IMG_8142.JPG [ 273.27 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

Austin playing Real Flight in the new training center. The have about 6 big screens set up, all running Real Flight. You can go in there anytime and get some practice in to prepare yourself for your next noon demo.
Attachment:
IMG_8122.JPG
IMG_8122.JPG [ 450.93 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

I ended up picking up a slightly used, 20 flights on it, Extreme Flight 104 Extra. I have been in serious need of a new 120cc airframe ever since I put my 104 AJ Slick in back in October. I splurged on the MKS HBL380 servos for it as well. These are the baddest airplane servos on the market.

So as I look in my basement, I have a Extremeflight 94 MXS in a box to build and I have to get this extra that I need to get ready to fly. Time to get to work!

Hope to see more of you all out there next year!

Rob

64" Extreme Flight MXS

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 pm 

Looks like you had a good time, Rob!

I think at this point the RC Today Show is history, but thanks for representing anyway. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:50 am