It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pro Boat Blackjack 9 & Impulse 9
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 am 

Picked up these two boats while at Joe Nall. Luke's Hobbies was selling them for $69 each. They explained to me that some of the batteries shipped with the boats may need several cycles to work properly, so each boat they sell come with a spare battery for free.

Blackjack 9

Impulse 9

These little boats are perfect for small ponds and swimming pools. The included transmitters are nice and include all the features that you need. Removing the hatch is a little tricky if you hands are wet. I've had to use my shirt to twist the knob, but really no big deal. It has a brushed motor that has sufficient power for something so small, they are only 9" long. The Impulse sits slightly too long in the water. For this reason I would recommend the Blackjack if only purchasing one.

The battery is a 260mah NiMH that works well enough. One of the included batteries did in fact need about 3 cycles to begin performing again. I do wish the run time was a little better. The Barr boys are getting about 5 minutes. I've since backed full throttle down to about half to allow longer run times and easier to manage in swimming pools. It is slightly tricky to install and remove, but after the first few times it hasn't been a problem.

These are the first boats I've ever had. Overall I have to say they are work the money I spent on them. The boys have around 10-12 cycles through them and they are holding up fine. Time will tell if they'll last next week when we take them on vacation to the beach. :thinking