It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Graupner HoTT Tips and Tricks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm 

TheBum wrote:
Second tip: Check/change your failsafes.

Fortunately, Graupner provided a high level interface for changing failsafes and saving them to the receiver, rather than going into the device menus (you can do it either way). The failsafes are in Basic>F/S. From what I've been able to tell, every channel you want to change to FS must have a control assigned to it in order to set the value. The rest of the process is in the manual.

Alan,
On the setting of Fail safe with SUMD, I didn't find it necessary to change the individual servo per channel. The individual servo settings for fail safe are only needed if the servo is actually connected to the receiver.

In my case, the 24L is connected to my Skookum and I only needed to change the output to SUMDFS (as you mentioned).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:54 am 

Hey guys - question for the guru's.

How do you delete a node from a throttle or pitch curve after you have put it on?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 am 

in the throttle curve window, tap ST OFF, so that it says ST ON, move the throttle/collective stick over the node (the node will turn red) and tap ent and the node should disappear.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 am 

Thanks Scott!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 pm 

A couple of things I found out today (the hard way) about a heli setup with the HOTT FBL receiver/ESC setup... I have the GR-18 and a 70 amp "T" ESC on my protos 500 and so far I am loving it.. replaced a VBar mini and so far its performing as well as the Vbar with very little setup... But I found a couple of things today...

#1..The ESC defaults to a low voltage cut out mode called AUTO... Bad idea to fly a heli in this mode!!! if you do a hard pitch pump at the end of a flight you will go into cut out and it is a non resettable event with heli throttle tuning... got to do a couple of panic autos before i figured this out... flew the same settings many times before but didn't have a cut on those... Also when changing this setting to off or a very low voltage setting be sure to "save" as it is one of those parameters that will revert back if not saved..

#2...Avoid using Aux 1 as a channel for "ANYTHING".. It has a function called throttle limit in heli tuning and if you apply any other function to this channel it will cause strange behaviour on your governor speed settings.. i found this out when i tried to use AUX 1 and the DV2 pot to control tail gain.. as I moved the tail gain the head speed would change drastically.. was a little on the panic side as just did a couple of forced autos because of issue 1!!! The manual has a reference to this item on the very first page and I heeded the warning on initial setup but forgot about it when choosing a channel for the gain control..

hope these tips help

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:22 pm 

Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 am 

Cat1 wrote:
A couple of things I found out today (the hard way) about a heli setup with the HOTT FBL receiver/ESC setup... I have the GR-18 and a 70 amp "T" ESC on my protos 500 and so far I am loving it.. replaced a VBar mini and so far its performing as well as the Vbar with very little setup... But I found a couple of things today...

#1..The ESC defaults to a low voltage cut out mode called AUTO... Bad idea to fly a heli in this mode!!! if you do a hard pitch pump at the end of a flight you will go into cut out and it is a non resettable event with heli throttle tuning... got to do a couple of panic autos before i figured this out... flew the same settings many times before but didn't have a cut on those... Also when changing this setting to off or a very low voltage setting be sure to "save" as it is one of those parameters that will revert back if not saved..

#2...Avoid using Aux 1 as a channel for "ANYTHING".. It has a function called throttle limit in heli tuning and if you apply any other function to this channel it will cause strange behaviour on your governor speed settings.. i found this out when i tried to use AUX 1 and the DV2 pot to control tail gain.. as I moved the tail gain the head speed would change drastically.. was a little on the panic side as just did a couple of forced autos because of issue 1!!! The manual has a reference to this item on the very first page and I heeded the warning on initial setup but forgot about it when choosing a channel for the gain control..

hope these tips help

Chris
Very cool Chris!

I'll be programming be G500 tonight with a new 100amp ESC. I'll be sure to keep these in mind. :thumbup:

Post subject: Aileron differential
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:27 pm 

Good after noon guys,
some may know who I am many others wont, but it's ok.
Question.... Aileron differential. Has any one of you been to this function yet?
Because what I want to know is since it is asking for a percentage of throw when aileron is down, does it work on that same percentage across all Q-Links? i.e: normal, idle up 1, idle up 2?????
for there is not the ability select a switch for this between rate A or B?
The manual is leaving a lot to absorb with only the pictogram s to show you how to do it.
After all I do get that part, it just doenst explain how it's working it's magic across the servos.
I hope I explained this well enough :dontknow
Thank you in advance.
Erik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm 

This might help... from RC Groups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1221

I have gotten this to work on my glider, if that helps to know.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:06 pm 

Thank you,
Quite frankly I didnt even think to bother to check there.
Thanks
Erik

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next