It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: VBar Control
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:37 pm 

Got 2 flights on my N5c with the Neo and vControl today. Got it 90% tuned in, man I forgot how locked in the vBar is. Still not 100% comfortable with the programming, but the Heli flew well enough that I did a little hop and girly giggle when I did some fast tic-tocs and the rpm was locked perfectly while the Heli didn't deviate even a degree from what I commanded.

Still more stuff to do before I can write a good review, but I think this sums it up after a couple flights.

http://youtu.be/WTdO-w3xnpw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:13 pm 

Excellent, Nick! :thumbup:

I'm surprised you had a hard time with it, I found it super simple once I figured out the switch assignments.

I LOL'd at the video, btw. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:54 am 

Basic setup was simple, although harder than from a computer, and then only because you don't have the nice little hover over tips that you get in the software that help clarify things. For instance, it took me 5 minutes to decide on which swash type I had, whether it was 120 reversed or not. I hadn't thought about starting up the software and following along to decide which settings to use, but after someone suggested it to me yesterday it makes sense.

My issues were mostly in switches, setting throttle hold (sorry, idle, there is no such thing as throttle hold) with the governor on nitro, and other things that are specific to VBC. I'm about to go into the basement and bring my Goblin 700C up to convert it. I've also got the current sensor for it, plus the Jive, so it'll be a totally different setup than the Synergy.