It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: VBar Control
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:08 pm 

I was disappointed that I could not enter the event raffle. LOL Oh well. I will enter the next one.. I hear it only takes one ticket to win... I would not know that of course.

Kenny

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:42 am 

I got the NEO I pre - ordered and installed it this morning in the Goblin 570. I really like the form factor, and no power bus issues like I was having with a Mini Vbar in the same setup. . My wiring isn't the neatest because I didn't shorten any wires, but it'll do.
Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1431189711630.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1431189711630.jpg [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 3516 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 am 

I have a preorder in for a non-Vlink NEO. I don't really know where I'll put it; probably on the DT520.

ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper

Post subject: VBar Control
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:22 pm 

Ok. I did it. Ordered a VBC and a Neo with bailout.

Crashed my 6 flight old E700 bad enough to kill some electronics and render it nearly totaled. With parts availability difficulty and concern about quality... I have decided to not bother fixing it.

ALMOST bought a Max V2 to replace it, but since Alex has said over and over on the forums that the price is not an introductory price, maybe Santa can do me a solid later this year.

So I spent my rebuild money (and then some) on a Vbar Control.... Why?

Well, I figured if Chris can overlook the price gouging policies of Mikado... It must be a pretty F$&@^\€ good system....

Seriously, a friend mine has one, I have three other VBars... I left a team because, in part, there was limited telemetry and zero FBL gyro integration. It's just the right move for me.

Still going to blame Chris "The Enabler" though.

Tom M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:46 pm 

exfokkerflyer wrote:
Well, I figured if Chris can overlook the price gouging policies of Mikado... It must be a pretty F$&@^\€ good system....
Tom, that pretty much sums it up! :tongue

I think I'm going to buy the bailout upgrade for the Neo that's going into the Max. One oopsie prevented would more than pay for it! Besides, it will be fun to play with.

I think you will like the system. The display is "old school", and low res. But you know what? It's easy to read in any light and it does the job! So far I'm really pleased, with very few annoyances.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm 

Here's a really neat video that talks about the tuning parameters for VPlane.

I've got it set up and flying in my Kaos, and it's pretty amazing. I haven't even touched any of the settings except Expo, all other settings are box stock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:59 pm 

Funny you posted that, I watched that video this morning. I wondered how many adjustments you were likely to actually make to get something flying well. Had some thoughts about a certain turbine I know of... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:09 pm 

You mentioned the 'old school' display, call me weird but that is one of its selling points to me. I've had radios with pretty color touch screens, and they are great... Until they aren't. Most are good now, but my Futabas had issues early on and were impossible to see in the sun. When you turned up the brightness you could almost watch the battery deplete. I want functional and easy to read with a long battery life. My old Futaba 9ZHPs, Futaba 8FG, and JR 14XG had that. So does the Mikado. Really looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:07 am 

Chris, have you taken the covering off the voltage sensor to solder directly to the board? I know it was talked about on another forum but I wondered if you had done it.

Curious as to how easy it will be to use your own wire. Ordered a couple sensors as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:26 pm 

I haven't done it yet, but will be doing so soon so I can run it on my Mini Protos. The wires are just too big otherwise!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next