It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: VBar Control
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 pm 

Chris,

Have you dug into the macrocells apps for the VBC yet? Just cruising through the manuals on vstabi I'm pretty impressed with the apparent capability. One of the problems faced with external gyros for airplanes is that most systems do not allow for multiple servos connected to a control surface or split elevators, flaps, etc. So trying to Y everything together can be a mess. The macrocells allow for that, and the ability to use a single line input (UDI, s-bus, etc) receiever as a distribution bus, for lack of a better term, is really forward thinking. I wondered how I could plug some 12-13 servos into a Neo... now I know I can use a Frsky reciever, Jr, Futaba, almost anything. Pretty slick.

I have many heli's to fly, and a couple of planes that I might want to try it out on first, but I really could see putting this in a turbine once I get comfortable with it. Especially a scale ship that might have "hunting" issues in or or more axis.

Very cool stuff, I'm even more impressed with it. Of course, it got delivered this week while I was away at work. I'm still not home yet, and I never really got a chance to explain what might be delivered this week. I just got some random text from my wife saying, "you got a big box from Mikado". I'm going to have to have a talk with Mikado USA about their fast shipping. Not quite OnlyFineHelis fast, but enough to get me in trouble. :p

Tom M

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:03 am 

Tom, I just briefly scanned the description of those, but didn't dig into it because I don't yet have a need. But that is very cool to know, and yes.... very forward thinking.

Too funny about the box. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:48 pm 

Yeah well I don't really have a need either, I'm just a nerd! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:58 pm 

I've got a VBC on the way along with a pair of Neos and a pair of Silverlines to try and continue my bizzare radio conquest. The Silverlines are destined for planes (3dhs Bigfoot with OS GT33, and a Redwing Yak 54 win OS GT33) and the Neos will have rescue and going in my N5c and Goblin 700c.

Looking forward to trying it out and learning about it. If you want I'll do another big write up here comparing it to the Jeti, Taranis, and Graupner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:08 pm 

Nick, you know we'll never turn down an interesting comparison / shootout post. :lol:

Post subject: VBar Control
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:38 am 

Slow down, Chris. I never said I'd make it interesting!

Last edited by Eury on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:59 am 

Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 am 

Nick writes great comparisons, very much looking forward to hear your views

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:10 pm 

Yeah, I’d be interested in that, I liked the Taranis vs Jeti comparison quite a bit!

I love, love, LOVE my VControl and will stick with it, but I will probably own a Jeti for fixed wing before too long. Too many good features for telemetry, programming, etc to not give it serious consideration.

One thing that seems obvious, but I didn’t expect, was how good the VControl flew with my Logo 500, and how simple it was to program. Half the settings are done for you, you basically check directions for swash, tail endpoints and you are done. Flies absolutely phenomenal. Flies good on my 7HV, well until the esc caught fire :thumbdown: , but I had to do some tweaking and will continue to once it’s flying again. Which, of course is easy and almost fun.

Tom M

Post subject: VBar Control
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:19 am 

Here's a quick preview:

I'm completely lost. Throw away all prior knowledge and assumptions, I'm a newbie again. I thought learning the Taranis, Jeti, and Graupner required a reboot, those were child's play to learn. Did a quick setup on my N5c, when I say quick I mean 2.5hr of reading forums, vstabi.info site, and generally clicking around, so not even remotely quick.

It appears to be functional, but there's some things that need attention and aren't quite what I want in how I have it setup. Good news is there are no instant deal breakers like I experienced with the Graupner. Great screen, feels good in the hand, fantastic neck strap. Surprisingly to me, it does not feel cheap at all, although it does look it in my eyes, especially with the pots on the face of the radio looking like something I pulled out of my kid's toy bin. Wish it were lighter (kept reading about people complaining it was light and hoped it would be like my old 8fg that I loved), lack of a back button/auto close of menus sucks, trying to mentally become German hurts my brain.

Still working, I'll report back and make a good write up once I get comfortable with it. Have another Neo with rescue and 2 silver lines to go in planes. By the time I've got all that done I'd assume I'll be pretty proficient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next