It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 097: Andi from Soko Heli Tools
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am 

TheBum wrote:
I don't know the reasons, but you'll often see the issue when doing stationary pirouettes.

Good point. It is the exact situation when fbl puts swash to (what she thinks is) the level attitude. It is how in my opinion pirocompensation works.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am 

Vovets wrote:
TheBum wrote:
I don't know the reasons, but you'll often see the issue when doing stationary pirouettes.

Good point. It is the exact situation when fbl puts swash to (what she thinks is) the level attitude. It is how in my opinion pirocompensation works.

When I test piro compensation the swash remains at a distinct and constant non-level attitude as the heli rotates around it (swash tilts in same direction no matter what rotation).

We need Thomas the Brain here to give us a lesson on how it all interacts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 am 

just finished the show, and i ordered a pitch gauge. Gives me an excuse to dust off the 550 so i can get it flying right

Post subject: New manual-PDF v2.3 and new website design
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 pm 

Hey guys,

I thought I'll let you know about our great news (see below) :). Chris gracefully allowed me to post it here...
@Bobby (or was it Chris): Just read the "A brief history of head geometry" section and you will understand why the Warp 360 has 1° less negative than positive pitch :D

Soko
--
After a lot of research effort we are proud to announce our new instructions-PDF v2.3 and the new website design.

Instructions-PDF now 58 pages full of valuable information about helicopter and their setup:
Thanks to the great fan base of the Soko Kit we were able to improve our manual even more. Each setup step was carefully revised and equipped with a troubleshooting section which answers most of the questions we’ve got asked over the last months.
We also added a new section called “A brief history of head geometry” which will especially please all thorough hobbyists. It investigates in detail the way of an input at the transmitter sticks to the main blade pitch to find out what’s important on a setup and what’s not. We investigate the head design of 3 different helicopter sizes and brands to reveal some secrets to their behaviour. Finally we talk about how to achieve a mechanically perfect setup head.

Website in new design:
The clean and bright design of the website emphasizes the sole position of the Soko Kit as an instrument for all setups, all sizes and all brands of helicopter. Because it’s not just a great pitch gauge, it’s a unique setup methodology.

So go and hone your flying skills - we honed the setup.

Attachments:
slide-focus.png
slide-focus.png [ 270.01 KiB | Viewed 4843 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

Hi everybody!
I received my soko heli tool recently, re-did setup of my Fusion with V-bar, and wanted to share my thought and impressions.
First of all I was impressed with repeatability of measurements. With other digital gauge I have displayed numbers always jump between +-0.1 degree, but with soko they are rock solid. Setup went smooth. Previously it was done with the help of leveller tool. I was wondering if there would be any difference. Definitely there was. Not very big, but noticeable, about tenths of degrees. Funny enough vbar happened to have less precision in adjustment of lower level position of the swash plate than soko tool. Haven't flown newly setup Fusion thou because of the bad weather.
I used newer version of manual (2.7) and have to admit that the addition of overview of the setup process in the beginning is very valuable. Historic part is very interesting too. At last someone took the plunge and actually measured something for many years we had vague conjectures about. Great job!
There is a one thing about the tool I do not understand thou. The relative angle indicator. I couldn't find how to reset relative indicator to show the same value as the absolute indicator. Why is this important? Because relative indicator is bigger and easier to read. The only way I've found is to place the tool on level surface and press ON/ZERO button. But even when on level surface both show zero they deviate to one tenth on certain angles. That puzzles me a lot. Hope that Andi can shed some light on why it is so. I'm sure there is some reason behind it.
Connected with that I have a small feature request. It would be nice to have small delay between pressing ON/ZERO and actual zeroing relative angle to give the tool the time to settle. So that act of pressing the button wouldn't disturb the readings.
Overall I liked Soko Heli Tool very much. From now on I'll be doing my setups solely with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:29 pm 

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the great post about your impressions of the Soko Kit. It makes all the hard work worthwhile :D

To your questions:
To get the relative and absolute angle values exactly the same just find any stable level surface and do a recalibration of the Soko Gauge (see manual v2.3 section 6.2 or this video)
Zeroing the relative angle is not needed in any setup procedure. So such a delay of the ZERO button is not on top of our priority list. But we noticed this as well so it is on the list already.

Soko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 pm 

Andi,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Recalibration did the trick. In my previous post I of course meant manual v2.3.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:28 pm 

Hey guys,

The whole team of Soko Heli Tools wishes you and your loved ones a verrrry merry christmas and a great year 2014.
Thanks to each and everyone of you (especially Bobby & Chris of course ;) ) for all the support you've given to a small company from the end of the world - kinda like Santa himself :D

2014 gonna be a great year with great and new things to come to you!
One of which we like to give you as a kinda xmas present - especially to all Aussie guys: In January you will be able to get our awesome Soko Kit from one of your local retailers!!

Thx again and lets all hope for a buck load of heli presents :thumbup:
Soko

Attachments:
merry-xmas-1024.jpg
merry-xmas-1024.jpg [ 258.61 KiB | Viewed 4738 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:11 pm 

My boys and I just love Santa with the transmitter flying the sleigh pulled by helis! Great job. :thumbup:

It is a pleasure recommending your product and company. Truly innovative! Love mine for sure. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:23 am 

Thx Bobby! Your boys have a great taste :D

Greetings from Australia :)
Soko

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next