It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 143: Fun Fun Fun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm 

OnTheSnap wrote:
It's the AerialFreaks Hyper. http://aerialfreaks.com/product_info.ph ... fed691e7ec
Supports 3s or 4s. $325. Pre-orders now. Although it seems like the pre-orders might be sold out?

I don't know much about it, and don't know if it addresses your concerns or not. :-) But I want to try one after watching Kyle and Jesse fly them all weekend. I just want to do the stall twisty maneuvers with it. :-P

Alex

Looks pretty cool. Thanks.
Different prop design than the Invertix. Ya, I like it for orientation training since you have no boom it helps build up the "flying by the force" skill. Plus it bounces pretty good and is easy to repair. :rolling

My complaint with the Invertix is mostly just quality at this point. So-so frame fit and electronics quality have soured my experience. I'm waiting to see if they'll stand behind their product. Given the price I expect a bit of support. Maybe I expect too much? :dontknow
Overall the product & manual are great. Neat design and good execution.

Doug B.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 pm 

I just hope it's durable. I'm looking for a 3D quad to replace my Stingray.

It was great meeting you in person at the HF FF, Alex. Sorry I didn't get down to talk to you more.

ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:28 pm 

TheBum wrote:

It was great meeting you in person at the HF FF, Alex. Sorry I didn't get down to talk to you more.

Likewise! Sorry my friend flew into your box. I gave him crap for it. :-D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:31 pm 

OnTheSnap wrote:
TheBum wrote:

Which day was that? I had two incidents of that, once on Thursday (I think) and once on Saturday. The one on Saturday was really bad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:32 pm 

TheBum wrote:
OnTheSnap wrote:
TheBum wrote:

Which day was that? I had two incidents of that, once on Thursday (I think) and once on Saturday. The one on Saturday was really bad.

The one when I screamed out an apology for him. :-D. Maybe Ah Chlem was flying. Not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36 pm 

OnTheSnap wrote:
The one when I screamed out an apology for him. :-D. Maybe Ah Chlem was flying. Not sure.

I remember the apology and that incursion wasn't bad. Oh, and I think Ah Clem was spotting for me. On Saturday, I had someone tic-toc'ing his Goblin literally 10 feet in front of my face. I was rather pissed about that and so was Robert Gorham, who was spotting for me at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:37 pm 

TheBum wrote:
OnTheSnap wrote:

I remember the apology and that incursion wasn't bad. Oh, and I think Ah Clem was spotting for me. On Saturday, I had someone tic-toc'ing his Goblin literally 10 feet in front of my face. I was rather pissed about that and so was Robert Gorham, who was spotting for me at the time.

Yikes!! :face

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:28 am 

Catching up on podcast at lunch, re 180 CFX, as soon as I heard it was coming I ebayed my 130X, and have pre-ordered the 180CFX.

I've flown Trex 250s for years (v1 flybarred, through SE, right up to DFC Pro), and love flying them and have a briefcase setup with everything needed so I can take it away and fly pretty much anywhere I get a chance.

I bought a 130X when they first came out back in July 2013, first one the front swash servo was DOA, just jittered on power up, so I swapped it for another 130X with model shop, which flew OK, but the tiny TT gears just scared me, so I passed it on to a friend (who still has it now and it still flies great).

Last Christmas I hankered for something else to fly at indoor flying sessions our club organises in a big/low hall in the winter, so ordered another 130X, it was horrendously noisy out of the box, I messed about with it, Horizon swapped airframe then motor, it still wasn't as smooth and quiet as the first but flew OK, but for indoor flying the MCPX V2 still flies great and I can be fearless with it.

My only concern with the 180CFX is how easy the servo gears strip and how fiddly they are going to be to change, everything else looks like they have learned from the 130X and should be pretty decent.

Oh and the torque tube is an aluminium tube according to the horizon video, so shouldn't splinter/crack as Chris worried about.

When I get the 180CFX I will do a side by side with the 130X and Trex 250 as looks like the tail gears etc are closer to 250 sized!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:54 am 

Ah, cool about the torque tube. I didn't catch that tidbit.
As far as the servo gears go, some "servo saver" arms like folks are doing for the Trex 150 should help save the gears.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 am 

What do the servo saver arms look like?

I cant picture them..

Ben

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next