It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 154: From Tiny to Humongous
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:09 pm 

Great show guys! The rant about AWS was interesting. I had been wondering whats been going on with the big 880 since IRCHA glad to hear its getting the crap beaten out of it.

I started with Futaba since day 1 myself about 20 years ago. Since then I have flown almost every brand, and for the quality / price I have stuck with Futaba. I still like my current Futaba, 14SG, but features and innovation are certainly lacking. I still, recently bought a DX9 to fly my bind and fly models. Plus it is a ton of fun to play with the different brands. The Jeti is super nice and if I was not invested in Futaba, that is where I would go.

So, something that was not talked about. I love the uBrain idea and current implementation. Happy to see things moving in that direction. I would love to see however is some micro helis in this size that are easily attainable. I just really do not want to buy a 180CFX then ditch the board on it, just to spend another 120$ for a ubrain. Building up a kit with my desired components is really part of the fun of building out a heli. Lets see some new products with kits, motors (xnova what) more blades and all the servos we want. This size is ripe for the taking. Microheli or Oxy should really get moving on releasing a new heli for that size with excellent quality.

Helis: 7HV, Trex 550, Warp 360, Trex/Clone 450Pro , Nano CPX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:20 pm 

Thanks James!

I know of at least one company working on a kit 180 size. Just a matter of time. I think many of us want a premium 180 size without the major compromises made to hit specific cost targets that the 180 has to deal with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:39 pm 

Apparently Audi thinks it's fun to mock Amazon too. :lol:

http://www.cnet.com/news/audi-brilliant ... ns-drones/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:00 pm 

JustPlaneChris wrote:
Apparently Audi thinks it's fun to mock Amazon too. :lol:

Unfortunately, that crazy reality looks to be getting closer.... :face

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/ ... r-delivery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 pm 

jv8 wrote:
OnTheSnap wrote:
Graupner is not at all interested in working with anyone else. They think they can make a great FBL system themselves. It's easy, right? Hahaha!! They are very much a closed shop. Jeti is leading the way and actually "get it". It's a key advantage to be the first guy to make the system usable by anyone willing to integrate.

I tried Bobby's G500 on a Graupner FBL system. :face But maybe they've figured something out since then. But given how far off they were, really really doubt it.

That is unfortunate... it would be nice if Graupner licensed the Brain like Spektrum did with the BeastX.

Let's explore Jeti since they "get it"... it's nice to see their radio coming down from $1500 to "$800+options". But just the fact we're comparing features with a $150 radio (incl RX) is kind of shocking. How about ESCs... looking around it appears only their Mezon ESC line has telemetry? Or am I wrong? If that's true you can only get telemetry in larger $200-$350 ESCs. Where is the ESC telemetry solution for park flyers and micros? Does Jeti support config & telemetry for other ESC brands like Graupner?

I use telemetry a lot more than I tune... and the Brain android app is convenient enough for tuning.

Alex, would MSH open up a Brain config/telemetry specification so OpenTX developers could pick up support? Imagine if the Brain and CastleLink were supported by Taranis.

Who did you talk to at Graupner? We have several third party projects going where use of our protocol is implemented for making a variety of products.

I have no idea what you are doing but I don't think we are a closed company...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 pm 

Graupner USA wrote:
jv8 wrote:
OnTheSnap wrote:
Graupner is not at all interested in working with anyone else. They think they can make a great FBL system themselves. It's easy, right? Hahaha!! They are very much a closed shop. Jeti is leading the way and actually "get it". It's a key advantage to be the first guy to make the system usable by anyone willing to integrate.

I tried Bobby's G500 on a Graupner FBL system. :face But maybe they've figured something out since then. But given how far off they were, really really doubt it.

That is unfortunate... it would be nice if Graupner licensed the Brain like Spektrum did with the BeastX.

Let's explore Jeti since they "get it"... it's nice to see their radio coming down from $1500 to "$800+options". But just the fact we're comparing features with a $150 radio (incl RX) is kind of shocking. How about ESCs... looking around it appears only their Mezon ESC line has telemetry? Or am I wrong? If that's true you can only get telemetry in larger $200-$350 ESCs. Where is the ESC telemetry solution for park flyers and micros? Does Jeti support config & telemetry for other ESC brands like Graupner?

I use telemetry a lot more than I tune... and the Brain android app is convenient enough for tuning.

Alex, would MSH open up a Brain config/telemetry specification so OpenTX developers could pick up support? Imagine if the Brain and CastleLink were supported by Taranis.

Who did you talk to at Graupner? We have several third party projects going where use of our protocol is implemented for making a variety of products.

I can find out. Please PM me with your contact info. I'd like to discuss this in more detail! Graupener was our first choice to develop with. But the door was firmly slammed on our fingers. So we are busy making Jeti happen. A real pity as the Graupner price points make it far more appealing to the mass heli market.

Thanks,
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm 

It's happening!!!

haha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:02 pm 

Send you a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 am 

OnTheSnap wrote:
Graupner USA wrote:

I can find out. Please PM me with your contact info. I'd like to discuss this in more detail! Graupener was our first choice to develop with. But the door was firmly slammed on our fingers. So we are busy making Jeti happen. A real pity as the Graupner price points make it far more appealing to the mass heli market.

Thanks,
Alex

I really hope you guys can make this happen. It might be enough to get me to try a Brain/iKon.

ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm 

Keep laughing about Amazon...apparently not everyone thinks it is just a big joke: Story

Apparently the USPS doesn't think it is that outlandish either: Story

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8