It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Status of the show
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm 

Life has ups and downs. Family first. Hang in there. Things always get better.

Last edited by scrtsqrl on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 pm 

Praying all everything works out for you guys and your families. We'll still be here whenever you're all ready to come back when the time is right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 pm 

BTW, what happened? Just curious... no need to explain if it's private.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:50 pm 

I'll let Bobby fill in details on his side if he chooses.

In a nutshell, it's just the declining health (or loss) of parents that happens to everyone eventually. It sucks, and it wears you down and eats your time and enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:24 pm 

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this. It is true it's something we all must go through at some time, but knowing that certainly doesn't make it any easier.

I lost my father in 2008. He was an amazing man, my father, and my best friend. Most days we talked at least once, sometimes twice. He introduced me to modeling, aviation, and life (obviously). I gave up the hobby for almost two years after he passed. Just didn't seem important. He was the sole care giver of my mother, and that fell to me. I didn't have the time, or the inclination to really be involved at all... That is until my wife got tired of the moping and all the other crud and kicked me back INTO the hobby. ;)

My mother ended up passing in 2012, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about them both.

For me, the hobby is a connection to the past, as well as a reach into the future. It's my sanity (okay, that's debatable lol) and my therapy (much needed).

For you guys, the podcast is a hobby within a hobby. When life piles on, you have to pull back and take care of what is REALLY important. Frankly, with what all of you guys have had to deal with, I'm surprised you have been able to give us as many shows as you have! Thankful as well.

Wish you all the best. Your audience will be here when and if you decide to return. If you don't, we all understand.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for your precious time that you have given us.

Tom M

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:13 am 

Yeah, no worries about the show guys. I'll miss it but totally understandable. I have the same issues I'm dealing with (ie: loss of one parent, other going downhill fast) and all the other stuff in life makes it hard to even find time for the hobby.

Luckily my 11-year old daughter has decided she really likes FPV and so after the crash of our Bixler two weeks ago (servo failure) we now have a Penguin just waiting on better servos. It's going to make a much nicer FPV ship as the Bixler fuselage was kinda cramped anyways. :) Maybe I'll eventually get her interested in other types of planes but even if not it's great just to have one of the kids participate.

Do post what you all are up to on occasion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:35 am 

I think we all fully understand, and we'll be here ready and waiting for you when you guys are able to (and in a mood to) return.

I, for one, appreciate all the hard work and effort you guys put into the show. I love listening to you guys, and I'm going to miss the show terribly while its on hiatus.

But it goes without saying that life is only temporary, and family always comes first. I understand what it feels like to lose a parent. My dad died unexpectedly less than two years ago. My dad and I were slowly learning this RC hobby together, but after his passing, I really took a serious interest in the hobby, delving into any learning resource I could find. In fact, that's when I discovered your podcast. For me, RC is a way of keeping in touch with my dad, and when I'm driving home from the flying field, I often have a "chat" with him about the day.

Thank you guys for all you've given and shared with us. You and your families are in my thoughts and prayers.

-Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43 pm 

Good luck in your personal endeavors guys. I hope I see you around at some events, or even just to fly on the odd day you do have time.

Best,
James

Helis: 7HV, Trex 550, Warp 360, Trex/Clone 450Pro , Nano CPX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:32 am 

Time is precious and Yawls time has been greatly appreciated. Please pass on my very sincere thanks to your families for allowing (or putting up with) you to invest the time in doing the podcast. JPC, I have been a regular listener since the very early months of Inside Heli in 2007. When I retell stories or pass on info learned from the show I speak of Friends not Podcast hosts.

Best wishes to you and your families.

Now................What am I going to do with all the extra $$$ I'll have from not being enabled??? :D :thumbup: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:31 am 

Ditto to what everyone else is expressing. I will miss the weekly chats during my drive down Mopac. We went through the aging parent issue a couple of years ago and yah it drains you. Hope to catch ya'all at upcoming events and on the forums. Thanks for all the good info and fun discussions.

Mark H. - Austin, TX

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next