It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Status of the show
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:38 am 

It's a very sad news to hear that the show will be on-hold!.

After having followed you for a while I must say that you both have been very generous having passed through difficult times and pushing hard to keep everything looking normal. It's very much appreciated!

Just to let you know, once again, that I really appreciate you dedication to all of us giving us those great moments in where the mix of fun, information and friendship around the hobby has been awesome!

I believe we owe you this break! Take your time! family is always first!!...and take for granted that you have a bunch of followers waiting for your return whenever you feel it's the time!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:27 pm 

Sad day, but you have to take care of yourself. I'll miss you guys, you've been my virtual flying buddies for years, way back to ATTF. More than a way to kill some time, you have a way of making your listeners feel like friends.

Well, at least I still get to hang out with Cody, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm 

Thanks for the update and all the hard work you have put into the show. I'm sorry you guys are going through these things and look forward to your return whenever that may be. I have to say you guys put on an amazing show with a lot of quality information for the hobby, you are missed. At least I can stop checking for new podcasts every day before traffic :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:14 pm 

I just wanted to say thank you to Chris, Bobby, and even James for the time they have spent keeping us informed and entertained over the years. I'll miss the weekly shows immensely, but I understand life and family come first. Even though I have never met Chris personally or see Bobby more than once a year at IRCHA, I consider you both friends.

Good luck guys and know we're pulling for you. I'll be one of the first to download when you come back.

With immense respect for what you have done for us,

John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:33 pm 

Bobby and Chris,
I'm sorry to hear that you guys are putting the show on hold for a while. You have been a MAJOR influence on me in this hobby and your podcast has helped make the extensive driving I do much more enjoyable! Thank you for that. I understand how much work the show must be and don't blame you for needing a break. Hopefully you are able to find some people to help with editing, researching, and booking guests to make the show a more sustainable undertaking. Listening to you guys taught me a ton about all things RC. Because of your show I expanded my interests from 3d airplanes to helicopters and multi-rotors, and now have multiples of each; many of which were the items you mentioned on your show. I was talking to Cody about it, and he and I both feel that there is a real lack of RC podcasts for those of us that are already deep into the hobby and like a wide variety of RC market segments. Most other shows are aimed at either BNF stuff for newbies, or are very one dimensional. Your show was very unique in that way. Thanks again and I hope that the show is not gone forever.
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:23 pm 

Thanks Steve! I hope we can bring it back when things calm down for us. I haven't even been in my hobby room in about a month, and oddly I haven't really missed it (yet). I'm sure the itch will return when I have a few spare brain cells to think about it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:18 am 

Mahble wrote:
I was talking to Cody about it, and he and I both feel that there is a real lack of RC podcasts for those of us that are already deep into the hobby and like a wide variety of RC market segments. Most other shows are aimed at either BNF stuff for newbies, or are very one dimensional.

This is a good assessment of the current state of RC podcasts. I'll also add the signal-to-noise ratio was great on RCTS. Looking forward to the return!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 pm 

Life does not get in the way it just is what it is. When your life gets back to including this podcast we will all still be here and that's a promise.
You guys put together the best RC podcast on the web HANDS DOWN. Honestly you guys put together one of the best podcasts of any sort. The best shows were the ones where you had nothing to talk about and that says a lot. You made us all feel like one of the guys/gals. All your time and effort has been very much noticed and appreciated.
Big thanks to the whole RC Today Show family.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:01 am 

Thanks KrazyKoots, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:16 am 

As long as you keep that feeling on the inside...
we dont want to see any evidence of that feeling on the outside thank you very much......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next