It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: I'm insane (how I ended up with a turbine)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm 

Well, the title of this thread is still pretty accurate in case anybody has been wondering. I. Am. Insane.

Sometimes.

Funny how things work out. So my father retired to northern Nevada in the late 90s and passed away in '08. After Mom passed in '12, I sold their house and haven't been back since. Although we really do miss the area (Gardnerville/Minden area). I stay in contact with some of Dads friends and talk to them from time to time. They were my friends too, but really close to him. Warbird racing is really big up there, due no doubt to the proximity of the YS guru/importer/service guy Richard Verano.

But as luck would have it, for some strange reason, now at least 3 of those guys are getting into jets. All either have one or one in order now. Used market for engines is pretty good now, and very comparable to what 100-150cc gas engines were going for a few years ago.

Anyway, one friend got a little ahead of himself and ended up with two very similar airplanes. A Comp Arf Ultra Flash and a BVM Bandit. He really likes the Flash and can't see a need for the Bandit. Since I once expressed regret for having passed on one a few years ago. I got a phone call.

Needs some work which he would finish up. And comes with a JetCat P120. I'm not real interested in the older engines anymore. So a little brainstorming ended with one of Dads other friends up there buying the engine and creating, I think, a great deal for all concerned.

Now, I could still back out of it, but it's pretty much a done deal.

Only thing I'm not wild about is the "Bandit" character on the tail. But, a friend has already volunteered to help me get rid of that.

I need to buy an engine. I'm probably going to buy new... unless something I can't resist pops up.

Once I get it I may detail some things here. Helps me focus strangely enough!

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by exfokkerflyer on Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I'm insane (how I ended up with a turbine)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 pm 

Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 am 

Insane yes, Freaking awesome Hell Yes!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 am 

Thanks guys, pretty excited about it. These planes fly real well, kind of like old-school pattern planes on steroids. Fast and straight!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm 

Always loved the lines of the Bandit! I look forward to the updates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9