It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bluelight gyro
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:50 am 

Anybody tried this gyro?

http://www.bluelight-tech.com/productsGyros.htm

It's about the same price as the Eagle Tree Guardian but it appears to have a ton more options for tuning. The user manual is quite detailed. It is extremely configurable for the tech geek. It does not have accelerometers like the ET so no self-leveling... but I don't use that anyway.

Here are some advantages I see over the ET:

• All the PID gains are exposed for each axis (so James can have a weathervane tail with locked ail/ele).
  • There is a programmable function that can reduce gain as the stick moves farther from center. (Good for 3D).
  • Up to 4 transmitter channels can provide "real time" adjustment functions. These can include gyro on/off, gain adjust, and heading hold mode (per axis) among other things. So James could have a switch to toggle heading hold on just the tail.

I'm thinking this unit would be better for 3D flight. I might buy one from Amazon to try it out. I like the fact I could change gain in real time with 3 different methods simultaneously:

• TX channel attached to knob or switch.
  • When sticks are at the corners (tumble, spin, etc) the gain drops and the gyro backs off.
  • Mix high throttle into gain channel reduction (done in transmitter)