Got up this morning, coffee in hand, and got to building...
1. Rudder servo and linkages installed
IMG_6561.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
IMG_6560.JPG [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
2. Built the servo mounts for the elevons and the canards. Then stared at them, watching the glue dry, for hours.
Also painted the canard servo mount black to match the carbon fiber it would be mounted to later/
IMG_6569.JPG [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
IMG_6573.JPG [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
3. Mounted the thrust vector nozzel.
IMG_6567.JPG [ 1.64 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
4. While mounting the servos that control the vector nozzel, I ran into my 1st issue. The MKS servos are to deep for the mount and they hit the top of the fuselage before they were completely seated in the mounts. Simply fix, took some 1/8 inch ply, made a shim, and painted black.
IMG_6570.JPG [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
IMG_6572.JPG [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
5. Mounted the Elevon servos in each wing. I don't like the aluminum clevis they use. It's really tight, not going to be any slop for sure. I'm going to grease between the clevis and the servo arm in hopes of making it rotate a little easier.
IMG_6571.JPG [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 2748 times ]
Overall, having a great time with the build. I even have my little boy hanging with me most of the time and of course consistently running off with the exact tool I need and any given time.