It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dream-Flight Libelle EPO DLG
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:44 pm 

Yeah, I can see the benefits aerodynamically. Aesthetically though....not so much. ;)

Another one that's caught my eye is the Flow. I got to fly one of these too, and OMG... amazing.

http://www.soaringusa.com/Fireworks-5-Flow.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am 

JustPlaneChris wrote:
Yeah, I can see the benefits aerodynamically. Aesthetically though....not so much. ;)

Another one that's caught my eye is the Flow. I got to fly one of these too, and OMG... amazing.

http://www.soaringusa.com/Fireworks-5-Flow.html

Hey, when its in a thermal, you can't tell. :rolling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 am 

Woo hoo!
FrSky Rx came yesterday. Powered it thru the Vario, and I actually was able to move servos.

Now the hard part starts. Took me quite a while to find the screen that reverses servos. The Taranis is not for sissies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm 

Tis a whole different way of thinking about radio setup, that's for sure. I'm getting better at it, and have my Libelle pretty much the way I want.

One thing I found REALLY strange though, is I saw nothing pre-programmed for aileron differential. I ended up doing it with curves, but surely there's a better way? :thinking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm 

JustPlaneChris wrote:
Tis a whole different way of thinking about radio setup, that's for sure. I'm getting better at it, and have my Libelle pretty much the way I want.

One thing I found REALLY strange though, is I saw nothing pre-programmed for aileron differential. I ended up doing it with curves, but surely there's a better way? :thinking

From the forums, I think they want curves. Post 143:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 34&page=10

But hey, I got servos to move! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:50 pm 

Borneoben wrote:
Thats pretty cool

How much weight do you think it added?

4.6 gm/wing. If I had known what I know now, I would have skipped the DreamFlight clear vinyl and used this to stiffen the wing.

Next model 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 am 

JPC, did you move the momentary switch on the Taranis to the left side of the transmitter so you can use it for launch mode or do you just use the 3 position switch?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 am 

I had already moved the momentary to the left, so "throttle hold" 2 position would be in the right place for heli duty. If you don't care to take advantage of the special functions available on the momentary (different things for long hold vs short) you don't have to do anything beyond swapping the switches. If you want to retain the functionality you'll need to swap a couple of wires in a connector block, and also move labels (to avoid confusing yourself. ;)) See this post for details:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=279

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:38 am 

I took the Libelle out Saturday for some tossing. The new T-peg is brilliant! No sore tingly fingers, and less hooking to the left. My best flight of the morning almost didn't happen. I'd already packed up my heli, and was about to take the wing off the Libelle when it got really calm.... I told my flying buddies "there is a thermal right HERE!". I quickly plugged in the pack, and threw it right into lift. Flight time was just over 5 minutes, and I got bored and bailed out, even doing a couple of loops and rolls on the way back for a catch. :)

Anyway, the T-peg added a net of 2.5g. Well worth it.

Attachments:
Tpeg2.jpg
Tpeg2.jpg [ 109.24 KiB | Viewed 1676 times ]
Tpeg1.jpg
Tpeg1.jpg [ 93.36 KiB | Viewed 1676 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:22 am 

I have extended my throwing peg; I happened to have a few feet of the same sized CF tube kicking around so I just made one a bit longer. It's much nicer not having the ends dig into my fingers.

Also, to paint it, I tried Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2X Coverage, it's a couple bucks at the Home Deep and I think it's meant for painting plastic patio furniture. You barely have to dust it on and it comes out super glossy with very little paint. In fact when I painted the top of my wing tips red, I just masked off the top, and didn't worry about the bottom. It formed a perfect line at the leading and trailing edge from the paint settling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next