It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dream-Flight Libelle EPO DLG
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 am 

Chris brought the Libelle with him to the Austin Multifest for us to drool over

Its a beautiful quality kit, I've never seen such nice molded foam before.
They sure spent allot of time and money on the molds.

If i didn't have so many other RC projects on the go at the moment then i would be very very tempted to get one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:10 am 

It really is a nice kit! I hope to get some time this week / weekend to assemble it, but no promises. Work is killing me, and I'm pretty much brain dead when I get home in the evenings. :face

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:55 am 

Where did yours ship from? I got a tracking number for a package I don't recognize from IL. Trying to figure out if it's the Libelle or something else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 am 

Cody, mine shipped from Goleta, CA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:58 pm 

Cool, thanks. I wonder what this other package is, hopefully it isn't ticking like the other unexpected shipments I get.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:18 pm 

JustPlaneChris wrote:
It really is a nice kit! I hope to get some time this week / weekend to assemble it, but no promises. Work is killing me, and I'm pretty much brain dead when I get home in the evenings. :face

Send it here. I'll build it for you. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 pm 

I got some time to work on it last night, only to find that one of the <insert expletive here> Hitec HS-35HB servos was malfunctioning straight out of the box. Then I read that two other guys in the RCG thread had the same exact problems! I filled out a repair order and mailed mine back today, but someone else called Hitec and they told him they are out of stock and they won't have any replacements for three weeks.

So now I'm shopping for alternative servos, hopefully I can find something decent that's in stock and less than $25 each. The Emax ES9051 is leading the list right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm 

I was reading several posts of people having trouble with those servos too. I think if I get this plane, I won't be trying my luck with those little Hitec's.

Citizen #187

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 am 

JustPlaneChris wrote:
I got some time to work on it last night, only to find that one of the <insert expletive here> Hitec HS-35HB servos was malfunctioning straight out of the box. Then I read that two other guys in the RCG thread had the same exact problems! I filled out a repair order and mailed mine back today, but someone else called Hitec and they told him they are out of stock and they won't have any replacements for three weeks.

So now I'm shopping for alternative servos, hopefully I can find something decent that's in stock and less than $25 each. The Emax ES9051 is leading the list right now.

Futaba 3114 is one of the best servos in the sub 9-gram size and they are only 15 bucks at any LHS. Tight and strong gears, powerful, great centering.

I would get two 3114's, put them in the fuselage since it needs noseweight (they are 6.8 grams versus 4.5 for the 35's) and keep the other 35 for a spare if one of the wing servos gives out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 am 

That's a pretty good plan, Cody! I will compare the sizes and make sure there's room for them. It's pretty snug in the pod.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next