It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Simple Copter Mini Vtail Giveaway Nominations
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 am 

Hi Guys

I wanted to start a thread for us to be able to discuss and keep track of nominations for the Simple Copter Giveaway.

Ill post some pics of it here as well.

If you don't want to discuss the nomination in public for what ever reason, Privacy or you want it to be a surprise, then don't hesitate to PM myself Chris or Bobby.

So to recap

We are looking for a deserving person who would benefit from receiving this giveaway. Here are some of the types of things to consider when nominating someone.
This could be a young person who is looking to get into multirotors and cant quite afford it.
A person who is deserving for what ever reason, outstanding contribution to your club the person who spends more time helping other people rather than flying his own models. etc

You get the picture

The Mini Vtail quad will be Ready to fly with a DSM2/DSMX compatible receiver.
No battery will be supplied but i will be abel to install what ever connector you need so your batteries will plug right in.
Recommended batteries are from a 3s 1300 to a 3s 2200. (Obviously the bigger the battery the less agile it will be, 2200's are more for FPV style flying rather than full aerobatics)

So get your thinking caps on and let us know who your nominees are.

Final choice of the nominee will be down to the RCTS crew.

Cheers

Ben

TT eHawk 1400
K&A Models Mk 24 Spitfire
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter

Last edited by Borneoben on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Simple Copter Mini Vtail Giveaway Nominations
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 am 

Hey Guys just want to say good idea and good for you. This is a great way to support and spread the hobby.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 am 

Well, we have to give credit to Matt Hall from Simple Copter for the idea

He gave us freedom to give away the frame however we wanted but it was his suggestion to find a young person or someone who is deserving to give it to.

Like you i think its a great way to spread and promote the hobby.

TT eHawk 1400
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 am 

Y-Fly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:40 am 

The Freshly rebuilt Mini Vtail arrived today from Matt Hall at Simple Copter

This is the one that will be given away

I will try and keep this one in one piece!

TT eHawk 1400
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 am 

Hi Guys

Please don't forget we have this Simple Copter MiniV to give away

So get your nominations to us and lets us know who you think is worthy person to receive this awesome gift

Cheers

Ben

TT eHawk 1400
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:09 am 

Hi Ben

I have a great kid to nominate for your giveaway.

His name is Lucas. Every Sunday he and a bunch of kids come over to my shop with their parents and we all build flitetest planes and fly them.

We are aiming to make memories with our kids and have some fun.

Well somehow Lucas has had every possible thing go wrong with his plane. He has only been airborne a couple of times and after his last attempt he turned to me and said…I guess I am jinxed when it comes to planes.

Thankfully I have a little quad that I bring along to these events. So every day his plane doesn't work I hand him the quad and a controller.

He is loving it. He asks me all sorts of technical questions about them that I don't know the answers to. The next week he returns with the answers the he has found online!

He loves robotics, Arduino, computer programming etc and I know that quad technology will be a thrill to him as he progresses in the hobby.

He is a young kid so buying his own is out of his reach.

I think he is a deserving candidate because over the whole summer with bad speed controls, faulty motors, receiver lockouts etc he has kept a great attitude. He would just say oh well and turn to help all the other kids in the group with their planes getting them built and flying.

I attached a picture of Lucas and his dad picking up his plane at one of our recent flying days.

Thanks for considering him!

- Peter

Attachments:
photo-11.JPG
photo-11.JPG [ 91.16 KiB | Viewed 1886 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 pm 

Hi Pete

Many thanks for the nomination and welcome to the forum!

Your friend Lucas, sounds like a strong contender for the giveaway.

We haven't received very many nominations, which has surprised me, but we do have one other young man who is also a strong contender.

We will leave the nominations open for one more week and then we will choose who will receive the Simple Copter Frame.

I am meeting with Chris and Bobby next weekend so we will hope to choose someone then.

Thanks again for the nomination and we will be in touch to let you know of our decision.

Cheers

Ben

TT eHawk 1400
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm 

I would first like to say congratulations to Sam for winning the SimpleCopter give away. He sure sounds like a deserving young man. Lucas's story also sounds like he is a great young man and I wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors. It makes me so happy to see the young kids really getting into the hobby and learning from it. I truly love to see the spark in their eyes when they really understand or "get" something for the first time. This hobby is so much more that just flying a model. The mechanics that go into the builds and repairs teach engineering skills and problem solving. The social skills learned are also very valuable. Playing video games may be somewhat better for the pocket book in a crash, but the human interaction between pilots is not comparable to sitting I front of a tv. I have recently got back into the RC hobby and my grandson has been a welcome sidekick. I love teaching him and learning from him as well. I want to thank anyone that is passing along the hobby to the next generation. I wish I had some spare RC gear that I could donate to Lucas but my personal hobby funds are a bit low right now. I did read that he is really into robotics and electronics. I do have an arduino uno with a bunch of associated components I would like to give him if he would like. Please leave me a message and I would love to send Lucas a starter kit.
Email: windlaufen13@aol.com
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:41 pm 

Hi Guys

We recently received this from Barbara and Brad Wolfe who nominated Sam for the Simplecopter Mini Vtail give away.
They sent the following video clip and the following email.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzy inside!

"I wish it was better but the light was almost gone and it turns out my iphone is out of memory so it got cut short.

Sam was totally surprised. We had him turn on the DX8 and watch the screen as it booted up since his name was on it. We can't thank everyone involved enough, to be able do what we did last night was amazing. He burned through one battery and wanted to start the second one but it was too dark. I hadn't realized the kid had never flown a multi copter of any kind before. He has some amazing natural talent, he flew that quad around like it was an old habit. He also showed is several times that the quad you guys built is an absolute rocket! He would drop the nose and hammer the throttle and it was just flat gone! It takes a second for your brain to accept that something that was hovering in mid air a few seconds ago is now across the flying field or a couple of hundred feet straight up.

Thank you again for allowing us to be part of this.

Brad & Barbara Wolfe "

This is what Brad was refering to when he told Sam to turn on the TX and look at the Screen, (Sam's Name)

I look forward to hearing more about Sams progress.

Thanks again to Matt hall from Simple Copter for donating the Vtail quad and Paul for Donating the mint condition DX8!

Cheers
Ben

TT eHawk 1400
CAB Mustang
SimpleCopter TCopter