It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Casal Chargers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am 

Hey Bobby (or Shannon),

Can you post some pics of the what the display looks like on these chargers? It's sounds like it'd be pretty nice to see it all on one screen

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Casal Chargers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:35 pm 

Here's some rough pics of the screen of the inexpensive 180 watt version.

There are a couple of more screens dealing with the system setup, like the volume of the beep and what temperature to set the auto shutoff, and other general things like that, but it is basically very simple like what you see here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Shannon

Attachments:
File comment: This is the information on the screen while the battery is charging.
photo 1-2.JPG
photo 1-2.JPG [ 111.81 KiB | Viewed 8428 times ]
File comment: This is the basic menu screen to adjust for charge settings
photo 2-2.JPG
photo 2-2.JPG [ 90.72 KiB | Viewed 8428 times ]
File comment: This is the opening screen you see when the charger powers up.
photo 3-2.JPG
photo 3-2.JPG [ 120.91 KiB | Viewed 8428 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm 

Man, I'd love to have a simple and fast-balancing charger like that. If they could have gotten the wattage up to at least 500, I probably would have jumped on it.

ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm 

That's pretty nice! Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:40 pm 

Let me chime in here.

I got to play with Bobby's Casal 400W? Charger a week ago Saturday. I thought it was built fairly well, all aluminum and a decent fan and airflow setup. The programming was fairly straight forward. I had a bit of trouble with Bobby's Icharger duo at IRCHA is it is really complex to program and get started. Without even cracking open the manual I was able to get one of Chris's 200QX batteries charging to test it, in very little time.

I plan on picking up a 180W/Powersupply combo soon so I can charge some of my LION plank batteries and secondary batteries. Helps to replace my Turnigy chargers that are long overdue for replacement.

Helis: 7HV, Trex 550, Warp 360, Trex/Clone 450Pro , Nano CPX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:48 pm 

The 180W version is noticeably smaller than the 400 that you played with. It's very compact and lightweight.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:47 am 

I'm interested in one of these as well. One of my Skyy 6200 200 watt chargers crapped out on me about 6 weeks ago. Then I was listening to the podcast and these sound interesting. I would go with the 400 watt just to be able to quickly charge 3 of my 4S 2200's at the same time at 2C. It would also be nice to have something to grow in to. If I got in to pattern, I could get 2 chargers and be able to charge 2 5S 5000's at 2C and only be at a little over half of the capacity of the charger so I hopefully wouldn't be running it too hard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:35 pm 

I have tested them multiple times at full capacity with no issues. So far, I have been very pleased with their performance and ease of use.

I am currently working on charging combos with cases that I hope to release soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:11 pm 

Those pictures are great, but I'd love to see a video as well. You guys talk about easy it is to use, and how simple the roller will is with the UI, but it is hard to get that across in a picture. I, for one, am really swayed by seeing a video of it in action. It doesn't need to be sexy, or high production value, just a quick couple of minute view on starting from nothing, selecting LIPO, and what it looks like while it is charging.

Actually, since Only Fine Helis is here, I'd personally love to see a similar video of the DT520. Not an unboxing necessarily, but just a 'walkaround' of how it looks up close, how the geometry looks, the proportions, what the frame looks like reguarding room to put in electronics, what it looks like up close with the canopy off. I know all of you guys look at them every day, but I haven't ever seen one up close save a few minutes at IRCHA this year. I think the DT520 will be my next heli, but I want to see what it looks like. and the videos that are out there are great, I can't tell what it looks when the video is all hard 3D smack.

Basically, help me give Only Fine Helis more of my money!

If you could make the videos so well that my wife would one one, that would be helpful as well. I'm sure she and I could share :-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:30 pm 

You are absolutely right, and that is on my to do list for both items. In fact, I have a video guy working on a video bumper (flashy intro piece) for videos now.

I just have to get over a hump we have run into with greatly increased demand for DT and the finishing up of details for "Team DT USA".
After I get my arms around these two things a little better, I promise to work on them. I already have a high end video camera and video lights ready to go. :-)