It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: DeoxIT usage?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am 

Chris,

I picked up some DeoxIT at Radio Shack today and in the package there are 2 types of product, DeoxIT and DeoxIT Gold. Are you using both of these on your 130x servos?

Any usage tips?

Pete

Post subject: Re: DeoxIT usage?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

Either one works. The "gold" is formulated specifically for gold connectors (like some switches and things like that). Just a short squirt into the slot where the worm gear is will get it onto the contacts and keep them jitter-free until they wear out and die (which sadly mine are doing).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 pm 

I use the DeOxIt Gold for EC5 connectors to make them easier to take apart initially.

ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm 

Thanks for the info boys. Will give them a squirt tonight.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 pm 

My mCPX BL started doing the servo shuffle again, so I thought I'd give DeoxIT a try after hearing about it on the show. I cruised into my friendly neighborhood Radio Shack to pick some up but they didn't have any. I then checked Radio Shack's website and it says they are sold out online and none of the stores in the Austin area have any in stock.

But fear not...it appears the musician crowd is on to this stuff as well.

Probably the best online source I've found is $14.99 for a 5oz can from Sweetwater with free shipping. I've dealt with these folks for musical equipment and they are awesome.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CMDnk8bwtLkCFWpp7AoddGkAbw

For another local source, it looks like Guitar Center carries it at many of their stores at $19.99 for the 5oz can.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/CAIG-DeoxIT-D5S-6-Spray--Contact-Cleaner---Rejuvenator--5-oz--101175859-i1134929.gc

UPDATE: I swung by Guitar Center to get some this evening and the price is $14.99 in store contrary to the price they list online. They had the regular and the gold cleaner in 5oz cans in the pro audio section. It's the same stuff made by CAIG Laboratories, it's just packaged and distributed by Hosa (a distributor of cables and hardware for musical equipment). I gave the servos on the BL a squirt and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip guys. Anything to save me from having to mess with those tiny little screws. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:11 am 

Fry's carry's it also around that price. They have a 4 favors: Standard, Gold, Connectors, full 100%.

MarkHWing
Austin, TX