It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am
Posts: 4957
Location: Austin, TX
In this episode: Chris and Bobby talk about new products, topics from our forum, a recap of the Chopperazzi Fun Fly, and the MSH Brain Giveaway. Tune in!

http://wp.me/p2wnPS-hH

_________________
Chris Boultinghouse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 28
Hello,

I filled in the survey ;)

Thomas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 1550
Location: McKinney, TX
If you don't mind traveling a ways, there's a fun fly in West Monroe, LA, in October. It's only 4.5 hours from here, but considerably further for you guys in central Texas.

Also, the Aero Hobbies fun fly will be held in Grapevine, TX, the first weekend of November.

_________________
Alan
Team Shannon (Only Fine Helis)
DT520E V2, Protos Max V2, Nighthawk 250 Pro FPV quadcopter
ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:11 am
Posts: 182
Tht new traxxas truck looks really nice. It's a stampede 4x4 with different wheels and different body and some minor tweaks. I couldn't figure out why I liked it so much when I saw the videos, but then I realized its because of the fact that the body is wider and covers the wheels. Not a monster truck. I'll definitely convert my stampede 4x4 with wheels, body and rear body posts, that should do it. Got the velineon system, so Bobby's complaint won't apply to it. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am
Posts: 4957
Location: Austin, TX
TheBum wrote:
If you don't mind traveling a ways, there's a fun fly in West Monroe, LA, in October. It's only 4.5 hours from here, but considerably further for you guys in central Texas.

Also, the Aero Hobbies fun fly will be held in Grapevine, TX, the first weekend of November.
OH, nice! Thanks Alan, I will look those up since it looks like SRC is going to be a no-go for me this year. :oops:

_________________
Chris Boultinghouse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:13 am
Posts: 1523
Location: Caldwell, TX
Otatiaro wrote:
Hello,

I filled in the survey ;)

Thomas.


You're hilarious! :rolling

_________________
Bobby Barr
DT Helis
Graupner USA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 1550
Location: McKinney, TX
JustPlaneChris wrote:
TheBum wrote:
If you don't mind traveling a ways, there's a fun fly in West Monroe, LA, in October. It's only 4.5 hours from here, but considerably further for you guys in central Texas.

Also, the Aero Hobbies fun fly will be held in Grapevine, TX, the first weekend of November.
OH, nice! Thanks Alan, I will look those up since it looks like SRC is going to be a no-go for me this year. :oops:

Simon has been to the Aero Hobbies fun fly. It's always held on a Friday and Saturday. I need to verify the actual dates; I've posted a question on their FB page.

_________________
Alan
Team Shannon (Only Fine Helis)
DT520E V2, Protos Max V2, Nighthawk 250 Pro FPV quadcopter
ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 1550
Location: McKinney, TX
Regarding your BEC vs. receiver pack discussion, I'm hedging my bets on my 7HV. I have a WR SuperBEC and a Scorpion BUG. As long as the BEC doesn't fail high, which WR BECs tend not to do, then the BUG will take over to allow me to land. I'm also in the process of installing telemetry; I'll be able to set an alarm to go off when the receiver bus voltage goes from 6V to 5V, indicating that the BUG kicked in.

_________________
Alan
Team Shannon (Only Fine Helis)
DT520E V2, Protos Max V2, Nighthawk 250 Pro FPV quadcopter
ParkZone P-51 BL, Hobby King Skipper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:13 am
Posts: 1523
Location: Caldwell, TX
TheBum wrote:
Regarding your BEC vs. receiver pack discussion, I'm hedging my bets on my 7HV. I have a WR SuperBEC and a Scorpion BUG. As long as the BEC doesn't fail high, which WR BECs tend not to do, then the BUG will take over to allow me to land. I'm also in the process of installing telemetry; I'll be able to set an alarm to go off when the receiver bus voltage goes from 6V to 5V, indicating that the BUG kicked in.


In my opinion that is the best route to take. At the very least having the backup guard. I've known 2 helicopters to go down because of a failure in the connection between the receiver and the receiver battery.

_________________
Bobby Barr
DT Helis
Graupner USA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RC Today Show 088: The Brain! The Brain!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am
Posts: 4957
Location: Austin, TX
And I've known of more than two with $800 worth of blown electronics when the BEC failed and shunted full pack voltage to the electronics. :lol:
Choose your poison. :)

_________________
Chris Boultinghouse


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group